Our counsellors fees are based on a sliding scale with the maximum fee of $140 for a 50 minute session. Individuals with personal or employee insurance may be able to submit their receipt for a full or partial refund through their insurance provider. It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that their particular insurance plan provides reimbursement.
Health Insurance Plans:
Counselling or psychotherapy is not covered by OHIP. However, according to a CBC report, for 2014 tax year the government has added the cost of mental health therapy for persons eligible to claim disability tax credit. Our services fall under counselling, psychotherapy, or psychological services. These mental health services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. As of October 1st 2014, employees of the Federal Public Service will be eligible for reimbursements of up to $2,000/year. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?